The Cottar team are proud to introduce the Cottar’s Conservation Camp. This Camp has been designed for those who want to immerse themselves in the local community and culture, and experience the day to day conservation efforts of a working conservancy. The camp is set adjacent to the Maasai Mara game reserve, in a tranquil spot by a trickling stream, under an oasis of tall trees with the dramatic Olentoroto hill as it’s backdrop.
This experience is ideal for those who want the exhilaration of a night in the bush, who are prepared to sleep in small tents with simple amenities and be actively part of sustainable safari experiences. With just 7 tents, this is an intimate camp that has all the essential elements for a memorable safari experience. Each tent has its own private bathroom in a cubicle located behind the tent with a wash basin, hot safari-shower and long drop toilet. An experienced safari cook is at the camp to prepare the daily meals, served in a beautiful large mess tent. Guests can also relax in the dedicated Zen Tent. The camp is hosted by the manager and a support crew to look after all of the guests needs.
Profits generated from safaris undertaken from this camp will go to the Cottar’s Wildlife Conservation Trust to support conservation and community projects in this critical wildlife corridor area of the Maasai Mara.
Get back to being at one with nature within a more simple, but ample tented fly camp. Taking adventure back to its roots, this camp is an enclave of relaxation and rustic safari simplicity. By night, enjoy fireside meals on camp chairs under the stars and during the day there are plenty of quiet spots to be still and enjoy the sights and sounds of the African wilderness.
Relish in the striped-back simplicity that is the beauty of this sustainable safari experience. Revel in the active participation of engaging with your surroundings, and cultivate a fuller appreciation of the myriad intricacies that make up the magic of the bush.
Immeasurably enhance the richness of your experience in the Masai Mara by indulging in some of the activities the Conservation Camp has on offer:
- Day and night Game Drives
- Medicinal plants of the Maasai experience
- A Conservation lunch / dinner hosted by the Conservation Manager (needs to be prearranged)
- Visit the local primary school
- Seedball dispersal with the conservation club
- Visit the local Maasai village
- Visit the Ranger HQ – interact with our Conservation rangers, afternoon volley ball match
- Sundowners in the Conservancy
- Yoga/ Meditation Sessions
- Hike (2-3 hours, 360 views of Kenya, TZ, Reserve & Conservancy) over hill to 1920s – lunch / drinks then picked by car
- Morning / afternoon jogs with Maasai Warrior
- E-Bikes can be arranged at an additional cost
- Accomodation and all meals
- Guide and shared game vehicles throughout
- Transfers to and from Cottar’s Private Airstrip
- Laundry can be arranged at an extra cost
- Park and Conservancy Fees
- Domestic and International Flights
- Transfers in Nairobi
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Transfers from other airstrips